Thursday 26 May 2011

INSPIRATION: Johanna Basford, CR Graduate Guide 2011

Just read this graduate's story in the 2011 Graduate Guide in June issue of CR, and I am absolutely inspired, how far the imagination can really take you. Very helpful advice about preparing for the graduation degree show as well.

Key points taken from article:

1. wrote letters to 100 studios I wanted to work for, sending them an invitation to come and see my work at New Designers in London

2. handful of studios came along, saw my work and offered placements, or invited me to freelance

3. sending a letter and tangible work had much more appeal than a standard email and pdf attached

4. hand printed invitations and mini sample books to give away instead of business cards

5. adding a blog to my website, aside from twitter it's my strongest marketing tool. Great way to tell people about my work and my practice, allows me to show people what I'm working on.

Johanna Basford

No comments:

Post a Comment