Saturday 22 October 2011

Email to Soo James (Technical Leader Acoustics) @ Qinetiq

Dear Soo,

My name is Rachel Dunscombe, I was forwarded your details by Tom Gunston, he said he has already spoken to you about me.
I am doing my MA at London Arts Central Saint Martins and my project is specifically targeting the problem of hearing protection in the entertainment industry (specifically nightclubs) and I have been researching towards developing an new type of hearing protection product. As figures support this problem by showing that young people experiencing hearing damage from prolonged exposure to loud music is steadily on the increase.

Tom advised me to contact you as you may have some very helpful advice for me, as some of your projects have a slight overlap with what I am doing.
I've also had some very useful advice from Liz Brueck at HSL in Buxton who has said she can see that my project / idea would be absolutely invaluable in a commercial and military environment, and that I should get a patent underway and appropriate legal protection as my idea has not been done before and is a current gap in the market. I am currently in the process of sorting out this application.

I was wondering when you might be available in the next week or two for a possible meet up if you have time for me to pop over and visit you? I would appreciate any feedback you have to offer and it would be very interesting to compare notes with your projects.
I have a very limited amount of time now I'm afraid as my final graduate exhibition and exam is in just under 7 weeks.
So ideally I would need to see you quite soon, beginning of next month probably at the latest if this could also work for you?
Please do drop me a mail with your availability, and hopefully we can go from there :-)

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you,
Rachel Dunscombe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment