Monday 19 September 2011

Email to Peter Cleak - design meeting at KX?


Hi Peter,

My name is Rachel and I am project managing the MA Applied Imagination
2011 graduate exhibition.
I believe most of your communication so far has been with the lovely
Meg, and I understand we are awaiting some available dates for when we
can soon view the KX site and exhibition space. I am really hoping
this will be available by next week as of course it is the last week
before we return and everyone is very anxious to see the site before
this date for our final exhibition team meeting.

Anyway, I am writing to you because there is a situation this week
where we have a special design meeting tomorrow evening with an
external design company in London who is interested in offering our
exhibition some support. However as we have now been shut out from the
CSM building and no longer can have meetings there or access in the
evening, we are really stuck for a good location that isn't a noisy
cafe or pub - which really isn't suitable or very professional for a
serious design meeting.

I am writing to you in the hope that I can plead for the chance of
*any* available space tomorrow evening at the KX site, for some space
to have our meeting (no equipment needed nor a big space needed, as
there will only be about 4-5 of us at the most, don't even need tables
or chairs if they are not moved in yet) for the sake of the designers
it would be fantastic and very beneficial to visualise and be inspired
from being in the right location at least. And it would really
encourage the support from Mr Tomlinson if he could also see the
location / new london arts building. This meeting would be from about
6:30 / 7:00 - 8:00 pm.

Please can you let me know sometime today? I think I am quite
literally begging you for anything that can be offered.
I apologise for the lack of notice but I have desperately been trying
to find alternative locations for the last week (this meeting was only
confirmed last tuesday eve) and I'm really struggling due to so many
places being shut later in the evening and I can't arrange the meeting
earlier due to the availability from the creative director who is
heavily committed and can't get away early due to deadlines.

Feel free to give me a ring aswell.
Many thanks in advance.
Yours hopefully - Rachel Dunscombe.

No comments:

Post a Comment